Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Everybodyfields - Nothing Is Okay (2007)



01. Aeroplane
02. Lonely Anywhere
03. Don't Turn Around
04. Leaving Today
05. Birthday
06. Savior
07. Be Miner
08. Wasted Time
09. Everything Is Okay
10. Tuesday
11. Over and Done
12. Out On the Highway

Don't let their kind of goofy name put you off. It's been awhile since I was so impressed and happy to find a band I have never heard of. "Lonely Anywhere" is my favorite track so far, and it's so good I'm listening to it on repeat, which I never do. This album is highly reccommended.

"Like a good cry-and like the best country music-Jill Andrews and Sam Quinn's songs are all shuddering sighs, aching confessions and upturned hearts spilling out over layers of pedal steel, fiddle and acoustic guitar, delivered by two of the most disparately beautiful voices to ever meld."

Paste Magazine's "Top Albums of 2007" feature


download

No comments: