Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Now You Can Read About Design

I recently finished a new design for my design portfolio website (ALANABERRY.COM). It's my first flash website and think it turned out pretty good, except it doesn't work in Safari for some reason.



I've been looking at a lot of craft and design blogs lately and want to join in on the fun. I had this blog as a place to upload albums for people to take, but that is technically illegal and I was getting tired of being threatened with legal action. Being crafty and being a designer is my favorite thing in the world though, and now that I'm out of school I hope to have more time for personal projects.

Keeping up with a blog is hard work.

I also have a big collection of pictures saved that have caught my eye. Unfortunately I don't know where any of them came from and won't be crediting anyone for their hard work. If I want to be a REAL blogger, I have to credit people, so I'll work on that in the future.

An introduction of things I like:


A room with a circular window and lots of books, it seems like a modern Lord of the Rings house.


A belt made out of Camel cigarette boxes.


In general I love lomo photography even though I've never picked up a lomo camera.


I also really like weird drawings with funny words that are usually done by skateboarders who are also artists.


Outerspace is a favorite place of mine. This picture was taken by high school students who attached a digital camera to a weather balloon and sent it into the atmosphere.


Old vans from the 1970's and 1980's are way cool and I've always wanted one. I have a sick collection of these images.


I made a bunch of things for my senior portfolio class this past semester, but this might be my favorite. It's a pack of greeting cards with a little deer pattern on it. I'm thinking about selling them on etsy.


This is another thing I did for my portfolio class. It's a self promo to send out to prospective employers. I sewed an egg out of felt and put a book in the back with examples of my design work. It says "Crack Me Open!"

I'll be working on my format and will start showing projects I'm working on so check back!

1 comment:

Gaby said...

Those cards and your resume egg were my favorite things at the show! Those cards are so damn cute that I wish they were available for purchase.
-Gaby.