Thursday, May 14, 2009

Shelby

Normally I don't watch those children's pageant shows, like Toddlers and Tiaras. I find them to be weird and I always feel bad when the little girls cry when mom gets crazy. But today I watched a few episodes (embarrassing, yes) of Little Miss Perfect on WeTV and it was hilarious! They focus on two girls per episode and they all seem to be happy and the families are just ridiculous.

So, my favorite girl was Shelby. As you can imagine, most of the families are wealthy and obsessed with looking good. Not Shelby's family. Her parents are really poor Florida rednecks and her mom looks like she would be her grandma. She wakes up at 3:30 am to work in a factory. They have hundreds of reptiles and the mom smokes tons of cigarettes inside their house. Somehow, little Shelby is beautiful and really seems like her strange parents stole her from a rich family.

They even made her dress up like Bindi Irwin and brought a snake onstage.



No comments: